Unix Connector Error: Could not open SUGI session for 192.168.X.X

In our environment we have multiple different Unix environments that we need to connect to.  Up until now, everything has been running smoothly.  Given the recent release of Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS and its use of kernel 5, I decided to take if for a spin.  When I enter the details into the the connection data section of the 'General connector settings' window and click Test, I get the following response back:  "[System.Exception] Could not open SUGI session for 192.168.X.X:  Could not open SSH connection to host:  An unexpected error was received from the SSH client (error code = 7):  Connection lost (error code is 10058)".  I can connect to the server with the same credentials via putty so I know there isn't an issue with sshd in and of itself on the target system.  I did a little testing with various OSs that we use and this is what I found:

SLES 11 SP 3 (3.0.76-0.11-default) - no issues
SLES 12 (3.12.28-4-default) - no issues
RHEL8 (4.18.0-193.e18.x86_64) - no issues
Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS (4.15.0-112-generic) - no issues
Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS (5.4.0-42-generic) - Could not open SUGI session

I'm not sure if something changed within Ubuntu itself or if there is an issue with the way OID interfaces with kernel v5.  From what I could find online, error code 7 indicates an issue with the cipher used between the two systems.  Has anyone else run into this error before?  Is anyone else using an OS based on kernel 5 that works with OID?

Parents Reply Children