Events on proxy view

Do events generate on proxy views?

I can't catch Insert event on UNSAccount

It would be great to implement single process on UNSAccount instead of multiple processes on different tables

Parents Reply Children
  • I strongly disagree. Thinking of the implied way this feature would work, you would have to check ever underlying table and any (qualified) view (on this table, probably recursively) for processes using the same event. This would pose a nightmare for performing proper implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting in customer environments.

What exactly do you mean by "any custom view"? There are four types of views. Read-only, Proxy, Union and "View" views. This types have quite different functionality and restrictions and therefor behave in totally different ways.

• Yes, but we, who work with more than 20 custom target systems, are not afraid of checking another uns view. Let's be honest :) 

But on the other hand it would be nice to implement single process instead of copying it on the adsaccount, ex0mailbox, ndouser tables and etc.

• I'm also concerned in regard to performance. With this feature every non-UNS synchronization performing insert, update and deletes in the database would have to run Process generation not only on its non-UNS tables but also all effected UNS tables with potentially a multitude of defined Processes.
    Having see a fair amount of custom process generation conditions, calls like "why does my Active Directory synchronization run time is five times the runtime pior to the update", "why does the Active Directory synchronization crashes with UNS process generation failed with error ...?" or "why does the Active Directory synchronization cause UNS processes now?" would be incoming in bulk.