Membership of roles and profiles in SAP function operation is stuck in DB Queue and are not getting processed

I have created SAP function instances and DB queue operation "Membership of roles and profiles in SAP function" is stuck.

Rest of the JOb queue process and DB queue operations are getting processed successfully but ONLY this particular operation is stuck due to which i am getting 'Dead slot resetting error".

Kindlly suggest possible workaround to come out of this deadlock.

Thanks in advance!

Parents
  • If you get the slot resets after the KeepAlive-timeout (20 min by default) you can try to increase the Timeout (Configparm QBM\DBQueue\KeepAlive).
    I had cases where I had to set to 10 hours. NOTE: The DBQueue will be more or less blocked while calculating the SAPinstances. So only do this when you can afford it (maybe over the weekend).

If the DBQueue shows multiple SAPFunction instance calculations you may want to set "MinBulk" and "MaxBulk" in the table "QBMDBQueueTaskPerf_fix" for the calculation task (sorry don't have the name/UID available right now). This will reduce the parallel groups calculated and enable progress. Normal operations will increase the values again, so you might have to repeat the setting of the values.

Also contact support, we got a hotfix that improved the calculation procedure (I think it was for 8.1.1.). Sorry again, I don't have the hotfix number available. They should find it connected to my name though.

It might also help to make your temp-DB fast. I.e. put the temp-DB on SSD-storage and increase the RAM of your DB-Server.

• Thanks for the reply ! Can you please help me in getting the hotfix number, this would be of great help !

Reply Children