Persons still shows up in e.g. overview of a business role even after the person has been deactivated

Hi There,

after we deactivate a person in Identity Manager the persons still shows up in the overview screen of e.g. a business role.

Is this by design? Can we change the behaviour?

Is there another trick?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Joerg Lipp

• Hi,

I would suggest to exclude Person objects that are not active, in the where clause of the dynamic role, if that's how you're adding users to the Business role.  They won't be excluded automatically.  You need to set the condition or remove the Person from the role, depending on how you're doing things.

Trevor

• Hi Trevor,

Thanks for your reply. Fair enough, although I'd like to keep their assignments at least for some time.

I think that having them marked in the overview, either with an asterisk or maybe they get a kind of invalidation (like crossing their names out) would be quite helpful.

I was wondering if there is a magic system parameter which enables that behaviour.

What do YOU think of this idea? It could help as a kind of additional feature on top of your solution.

Cheers.

Jörg

• There's nothing I'm aware of that would do this, i.e. mark them in some way in the role overview.

Perhaps you could incorporate logic somewhere to update the user's display name (currently Internalname + Centralaccount) so that Inactive users are marked in some way.  Then when they are displayed in the Business role overview the asterisk, for example, would appear.  Just an idea.

Trevor

• What you could do as a workaround, is to mark the deactivated persons as "OutStanding". In that case, these persons should be shown striked-out when I am remembering it correctly.

But keep in mind that any change at these objects is then disallowed and you need to remove the flag before you are able to change these persons again.