Is it possible to connect to SAP SuccessFactors from One identity manager?

Hi All,

We have the below scenario.

The bank is trying to set up SAP SuccessFactors environment, they want to use one identity management system as an Identity store.

They just want to fetch identity data from One identity manager.

Is it possible to connect to one identity from SAP  SuccessFactors via REST API?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

Dnyandev

Parents Reply Children
  • Please check if IE11 is showing the URL in compatibility mode. If so, it will not work.

• Please check if IE11 displays the page in compatibility mode. If so, it will not work.

• you are an expert Markus.

It is working now after removing the page from compatibility mode.

I am a little confused could you please correct me if I am wrong.

To connect REST API is it enough to give the below information. I checked the document but it is not clear to me.

URL : http://<Server>/IDMAppServer/api/entities/LDAPAccount?limit=10&loadType=Default

User: System user and password.

• Hi Markus,

When I talked with SAP successfactor person he told that there is no posibility to do scripting and pass authontication string is below format.

{"authString":"Module=DialogUser;User=<user name>;Password="}

They have interface where they specify URL, user id and password.

After this configuration application server log is showing belwo error. By seeing this message it seems authontication string is not passed is required format.

Is there any other posibility to connect or this can be done only throug scripting.

Thank you in advance and sorry for disturbing you again and again as this is my first experience with REST API.

{"authString":"Module=DialogUser;User=<user name>;Password="}

2020-11-10 12:07:34.8706 ERROR (ObjectLog Global) : [System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException] Type definitions should start with a '{', expecting serialized type 'AppHostAuthRequest', got string starting with: grant_type=client_credentials
     System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Type definitions should start with a '{', expecting serialized type 'AppHostAuthRequest', got string starting with: grant_type=client_credentials
       at ServiceStack.Text.Common.DeserializeTypeRefJson.StringToType(ReadOnlySpan`1 strType, TypeConfig typeConfig, EmptyCtorDelegate ctorFn, KeyValuePair`2[] typeAccessors)
       at ServiceStack.Text.Common.DeserializeType`1.StringToTypeContext.DeserializeJson(ReadOnlySpan`1 value)
       at ServiceStack.Text.Json.JsonReader`1.Parse(ReadOnlySpan`1 value)
       at ServiceStack.Text.Json.JsonReader`1.Parse(String value)
       at ServiceStack.Text.JsonSerializer`1.DeserializeFromString(String value)
       at QBM.AppServer.Base.SessionAuthProvider.Authenticate(IServiceBase authService, IAuthSession session, Authenticate request)
       at ServiceStack.Auth.AuthenticateService.Post(Authenticate request)
       at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1.<ExecuteAsync>d__13.MoveNext()    at ServiceStack.Text.Common.DeserializeTypeRefJson.StringToType(ReadOnlySpan`1 strType, TypeConfig typeConfig, EmptyCtorDelegate ctorFn, KeyValuePair`2[] typeAccessors)
       at ServiceStack.Text.Common.DeserializeType`1.StringToTypeContext.DeserializeJson(ReadOnlySpan`1 value)
       at ServiceStack.Text.Json.JsonReader`1.Parse(ReadOnlySpan`1 value)
       at ServiceStack.Text.Json.JsonReader`1.Parse(String value)
       at ServiceStack.Text.JsonSerializer`1.DeserializeFromString(String value)
       at QBM.AppServer.Base.SessionAuthProvider.Authenticate(IServiceBase authService, IAuthSession session, Authenticate request)
       at ServiceStack.Auth.AuthenticateService.Post(Authenticate request)
       at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1.<ExecuteAsync>d__13.MoveNext()

• Sorry, but a REST client has to use the login methods provided.

Maybe some other folks here have some more insight into the SAP Successfactor side.