Updated attribute in ADSAccount but sync project is not picking for update

Hi All,

I have updated employeeId attribute on 860 ADSAccount using SQL update.

Now I want to synchronize this value to the Active directory but when I do simulation then only 20 or 25 records are shown as updates.

When I do simulation again after some time this count increases but the simulation doesn't show all records as an update in a single go.

How can I make this work in a single go so that all records were updated in AD when I run synchronization.

One identity is version 8.1.1

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Dnyandev

Parents
  • I think the first mistake was to use SQL to update the ADSAcconts. If you would have done it with the object layer you would have generated 860 Ad-Hoc update process that would have synced the changes to your AD.

I do not know why you are using a synchronization into AD instead of the ad-hoc projection, but if you need to, you need to check your revisions. As your sync project probably uses revision optimization you might need to modify the revisions. Option a, clean the revision store for ADSAccount and every ADSAccount will be part of your sync. Option b, neither recommended nor supported, manipulate the revision property at the 860 ADSAccounts.

• Hi Markus,

Thank you for your reply.

If I want to update in the object layer then I need to update it one by one or can this be done using SQL in Objectbrowser.

I mean if I run update SQL in object browser SQL will it generate Ad-Hoc.

• You can use multi-edit in ObjectBrowser or Manager result list (Shift-Selection or Ctrl-Selection).

And no, you are not able to use SQL to update the objects if you want to trigger any events or templates.

What you can do, is do use your SQL condition for selecting the objects in the Filter window of the Object Browser to fetch the objects into the result list and use multi-select from there to change your objects.

• but in this case, the same value will be updated on all objects.

In my case, all 860 records have different EmployeeID 

Reply Children