v8.0 - Sync between 1IM instances - stop processes in target

Hello,

I have a sync (using sync editor) between 2 instance of 1IM. Lets say I sent Person.DefaultEmailAddress data from instance A to instance B.

In instance B, there are some processes which run on update event for Person if the changed column is DefaultEmailaddress. The issue is, I don't want to run these processes if the change has happened because of this sync, only if the change in the column happened outside of the sync

Usually I would do this using the "FULLSYNC" connection variable, but that will only apply to instance A if I set "Data Import" in the sync editor. Its almost like I need to set a connection variable during the sync which instance B can read.

So is there any way to tighten the generating condition in instance B so that it only runs if the column was updated outside of a sync? For now the best I can think of is to check XuserUpdated of the column should not be synchronization, any better ideas?

Thanks

Kin

Parents Reply
  • Hi Markus

That did not work, but I found something else as well.. I tried limiting the process gen condition by using (Not $XUserUpdated$.Equals("Synchronization")), but even then the process fires if the object is updated via sync. Within the process, I output XUserUpdated and interestingly it shows the old value of XUserUpdated instead of Synchronization, but via SSMS or object browser it shows Synchronization. 

It almost seems as if the UPDATE event is being triggered before the object is fully saved... can this be possible? I can't possible see the reason otherwise why the process would get fired despite the generating condition cearly ot being met.

Children