The base object does not exist

Hi All,

I have a custom process on the ShoppingcartItem table for delete events.

When I delete an entry in the shopping cart on the web, the process gets triggered but the process goes in Frozen with an error message as

"ErrorMessages: The base object does not exist."

version is 8.1.1

Could you please tell me what is wrong here?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Dnyandev

Parents
  • I assume that your process step is an HandleObject component and you are trying to work with the delete shopping cart item?

• Hi Markus,

Process step is Mailcomponent- SendRichMail.

In pre-script generation I am doing some value calculations does that causing problem because the object is already deleted.

• The pre-script is running during the process generation. At this time, the object is still present.

The reason is the base object specified in the MailComponent.SendRichMail task. When the process step runs the object is already deleted.

The solution is to provide the complete object in the parameter BaseObject of the SendRichMail task. Please check the process "VI_ESS_PersonWantsOrg send mail to approver (deny decision)" to see a sample. In the pre-script of the process step, an EntityPatch of the current state of the object to be deleted will be created and this EntityPatch will be used in the parameter.

'patch of the current PwOHelperPwO
    Dim pwoHelper as IEntity = Connection.Session.Source().Get("PwOHelperPwO", $PC(UID_PwOHelperPwO)$)
    values("helperOriginal") = EntityPatch.Create(pwoHelper, Session.MetaData(), DiffMode.AllContent).ToXml()

• The pre-script is running during the process generation. At this time, the object is still present.

The reason is the base object specified in the MailComponent.SendRichMail task. When the process step runs the object is already deleted.

The solution is to provide the complete object in the parameter BaseObject of the SendRichMail task. Please check the process "VI_ESS_PersonWantsOrg send mail to approver (deny decision)" to see a sample. In the pre-script of the process step, an EntityPatch of the current state of the object to be deleted will be created and this EntityPatch will be used in the parameter.

'patch of the current PwOHelperPwO
    Dim pwoHelper as IEntity = Connection.Session.Source().Get("PwOHelperPwO", $PC(UID_PwOHelperPwO)$)
    values("helperOriginal") = EntityPatch.Create(pwoHelper, Session.MetaData(), DiffMode.AllContent).ToXml()

Children