Linking AD group to custom target system account

I have set up a custom target system so that the account definition is tied to several business roles, so that certain Persons are automatically assigned an account based on this.

My question is, how do I tie an AD group to this account definition/account so that people with this account are also added to it.

I suppose I could add scripting around my custom target system through UNSAccountB_Insert/Delete so that they're added/removed along with the account, but I was wondering if there's a more native way of doing this.

Parents Reply Children
  • Thank you Markus, I will test this out in DEV. If i have groups already assigned and i change one group to have a category will this affect the current assignments and remove users they they are not given the category? I will test it but wanted to see if you can answer off the top of your head. Thank you, Lu

• I would plan with the possibility that the current inherited (not the direct ones) one are affected.

In addition, you should keep in mind that as long as the user are assigned to a category, setting the category at a group will have no effect. That should ease your transition phase.

Quote from the documentation

"If the group or user account (contact) is not in classified into categories, the group is also inherited by the user account (contact)."