Powershell conector to connect REST API

Hi All,

I want to connect a system that supports REST API.

I can not use the Current SCIM connector to connect.

I want to make use of the Powershell connector but I don't have a good understanding of the Powershell connector.

I tried to check the existing definition file provided for the Active directory but as it user inbuild commands, I got some initial understanding.

Rest API returns JSON data and my question is how can I parse this JSON output so that synchronization browse shows data.

I am able to connect using the definition file, for the time I have hard codded credentilas. I am able to connect but after that, I don't know how to extract data and make it available in the browse window.

Definition file you can see below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!At2ViqLAc9HpnCFEIgyQxwe64n0M?e=62Jucn 

Could you please guide me on how to make this synchronization work? Any help or pointer to the existing sample is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

Dnyandev

Parents
  • HI Dnyandev

I would suggest you use scripts directly, SCIM is essentially just a normal REST API call, and it should be straightfoward to do these using the built-in scripts and standard VB.NET without sing the SCIM connector per-se

If you have to use powershell, one option would be to invoke the powershell via a process, and let the powershell script output the JSON into a txt file, and then the process can read the JSON data using a custom script and standard .NET JSON deserialiser

Hope that helps

• Thank you Kinshasa, I already developed Script to connect API and pull all users.

I wanted to try PowerShell connector, I did some progress and now I am able to connect API from the connector.

I will continue working and update you.

Thank you again for your inputes.

Have a nice day.

• Thank you Kinshasa, I already developed Script to connect API and pull all users.

I wanted to try PowerShell connector, I did some progress and now I am able to connect API from the connector.

I will continue working and update you.

Thank you again for your inputes.

Have a nice day.

Children