Dynamic Business Role - UNSAccountBInUNSGroupB

Hi there folks - happy Friday!

I have a quick question - I have a dynamic business role (working fine) with a UNSGroupB assigned to the role.  When a person is put into PersonInOrg, they inherit the role and the UNSGroupB as an indirect assignment.  When the person is removed from the role, they are still retaining the the UNSGroupB as a direct assignment.

Actually, 2 questions:

1. Is this expected behavior?
  2. How do I change this so that the UNSGroupB is removed?

Thanks!

Parents
  • Hi Paul,

Your scenario tells me that the UNSGroupB was already assigned to the identity (presumably via UNSAccountBInUNSGroupB). And then it gets indirectly assigned via the business role.

To solve this we created a custom process to "remove direct if indirect" ..... in there you do a HandleObjectComponent - Delete for objects that have XOrigin > 1 AND XOrigin & 1 = 1.

If the assignment is direct and indirect performing a delete will delete the direct assignment only.

HTH, Barry.

• Thanks Barry - I think it's the other way around, but that does look to be the answer - I am assigning the group via the business role and then my import from the custom target system is adding a direct assignment to it too.. XOrigin = 3... so I need to update my import script to not do that...

Thanks for the answer, that makes perfect sense now!

• Thanks Barry - I think it's the other way around, but that does look to be the answer - I am assigning the group via the business role and then my import from the custom target system is adding a direct assignment to it too.. XOrigin = 3... so I need to update my import script to not do that...

Thanks for the answer, that makes perfect sense now!

Children
No Data