Get started with API Designer

I have tried to start with the API Designer and I could compile locally, start a local API server, ...

There is also an installed ApiServer on our IIS.

But I can't find out how to do any further fist step.

Is there any "getting started" document or video for API Designer?
Just provide me all the steps to get a single "Hello World" or something like that.

Patrick

I have Identity Manager 8.1.3

• Hi Patrick,

have you tried the APISamples on the DVD? I would start here with a normal Visual Studio.

Regards,
    Geraldine

• Hi Geraldine

Thanks für your answer.
    I just tried that as well. It seems, that UI part is problematic:

Info: Trying to load HTML app from file: Html_api-server-web-ui_Debug
    Error: VI.Base.ViException: Die Assembly Html_api-server-web-ui_R9C4npZUkjRE8b5tu9Rdu6HqQQ_Debug wurde in 'DialogScriptAssembly' nicht gefunden.

It looks like I'm having similar problems as Wolfgang in  Cannont compile API Server UI.
    I've also managed the issue with node-sass and I'm now facing the next errors.

At the moment the problem is:

- C:\Users\asdf\AppData\Local\Temp\1\html\QBM\ApiServerWebUi\node_modules\@angular\cli\bin\ng
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:902:15)
    at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:746:27)
    at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:974:19)
    at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:92:18)
    at Object.sassLoader (C:\Users\asdf\AppData\Local\Temp\1\html\QBM\ApiServerWebUi\node_modules\sass-loader\lib\loader.js:46:72)
    ERROR in scripts.b35907f55324a16f88af.js from UglifyJs
    Unexpected token punc «{», expected punc «(» [node_modules/swagger-ui-dist/swagger-ui-bundle.js:2,204775][scripts.b35907f55324a16f88af.js:2,204780]
    npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE

Which could be caused by UglifyJs which is ES6 incompatibly.

I'm not very familiar with npm. If I google for hints there is always a reference to "green field" projects and I can't find corresponding things in my IdentityManager installation.

Patrick

• Cool, that bugfix seems to work in 8.1.3 as well.

compiling is now possible without any error.

Now I still have the following error if I start the API samples from Visual Studio: 

Info: Trying to load HTML app from file: Html_api-server-web-ui_Debug
    Error: VI.Base.ViException: Die Assembly Html_api-server-web-ui_R9C4npZUkjRE8b5tu9Rdu6HqQQ_Debug wurde in 'DialogScriptAssembly' nicht gefunden.

• In the meantime I've got it working with postman.

The only thing missing is the swagger-ui. best would be if I could have that on the API Server in my IIS.

• We decided to skip swagger-ui (all html applications) for the moment due to other restrictions like  Requirements for non-destructive HTML5 app compilation , the compile time (you always have to compile both, the api-projects and the api-ui in order to get valid results in the swagger-ui), our proxy, and security considerations (e.g. npm loads binary packages from github).

• I think I'll go on without swagger as well.

My test with creating a new module works on the self hosted server.
    Now I have to find out, how can I make it work on the server.

While login to /imx/login/...

I get: [
    {
    "ErrorCode": "ApiServer0007",
    "Message": "For the parameter \"appId\", an invalid value was specified."
    }
    ]

• I get ApiServer0007 if I use an unknown appId ("Technical name" in the API project).

• I have called my PoC API Project "neu" as technical name.

So for login I'm calling {{url}}/imx/login/neu. This works well within the self hosted server on my workstation.

But it seems, that the API Server doesn't know the application at all.
    If I call any other url like {{url}}/neu/systemstatus I do not get any message about missing authentication, which I would expect.

Isn't it enough to have the API Project in the DB and let it compile?
    Is there any other explizit deployment to the API Server?

• That's part of your configuration, I think.
    E.g. "/systemstatus" is defined in QBM-Systemstatus and this file is assigned to the QBM_OperationsSupport project only. Thus, /opsupport/systemstatus is available, but in no other project here (and it requires authentication there - at least here with 8.1.4 it is defined so).

So /neu/systemstatus should require authentication if not configured otherwise (and you don't have created a custom "systemstatus"-method with `AllowUnauthenticated()`). Which authentication modules do you use?

What you can say is, if there is an endpoint /neu/systemstatus (and it's defined so), the API server knows the application.

As I understand it, there's no obvious special explicit deployment for the API server, but an implicit one. The code has to be generated and stored in the App_Data/AssemblyCache-Folder. To be sure, you can delete (rename) that folder. If it's recreated, it seems to work.

The "Standard"-update process refreshes the other files of the project (deploy target Server\Web\BusinessAPI) if configured in QBMWebApplication (I don't know the default behavior). This (I think) could be enforced with /admin/systeminfo/software/update

These might help:

• /admin/projects
      which appIds does the server know
    • /admin/config
      auth information of each project
    • /imx/sessions/neu
    • /imx/activemethods/neu
    • /imx/activeverbs/neu
    • QBM\dvd\AddOn\ApiSamples\Sdk05_Misc\06-ReinitApi.cs