Jobs assigned to an unexisting queue

Hi,

I've recently installed One Identity Manager (version 8.1.4).
Once I finished the installation I started the JobQueueInfo tool and I noticed several jobs with a certain "executing server" (the same for all jobs), let call for example "\sqlserverqueue".
I call it so because the name of the executing server assigned to those jobs is the same of the sql server name (Do you think I set it during the installation?).

Now I'm configuring the service, but I'm giving it a different name to the queue. So I guess those jobs will never be processed and they will stay there "forever", if I do nothing. Am I right?
How can I manage it?
Could I change the attribute "executing server"? Would it work? Is there any other better solution?

Thank you,

Roberto

Parents
  • Is this the way?   How to move Jobs which are set to Ready2EXE=True from one Job Queue to another Job Queue.
    If I try from the ObjectBrowser tool with the following query: Update jobqueue set queue='\new_queue'  where ready2exe='true' , then I give this error: Database error 50000: Invalid changes of properties in jobqueue.

• Sounds like you installed the One Identity Manager service on the SQL server, the installer gives you this option during the install.

• Ok, let assume that I've installed the One Identity Manager on the SQL server, why if I try to assign the "Job server" machine role to another (new created) job server I get this error message?

Error flushing changes to database.

Error during execution of statement: insert into QBMServerHasDeployTarget (UID_QBMDeployTarget, UID_QBMServer, xdateinserted, xuserinserted, xdateupdated, xuserupdated, xobjectkey) values ('QBM-0E1D8602DD5952E2F9FD1A7E1ECAF2C9', '8D2091BB-B07B-4A5A-B852-AE6E803EBBE2', GetUTCDate(), N'viadmin', GetUTCDate(), N'viadmin', '<Key><T>QBMServerHasDeployTarget</T><P>QBM-0E1D8602DD5952E2F9FD1A7E1ECAF2C9</P><P>8D2091BB-B07B-4A5A-B852-AE6E803EBBE2</P></Key>')

Database error 50000: re-throw in Procedure QBM_PJobCreate_HOFireEvent_L, Line 32

Database error 50000: re-throw in Procedure QBM_PJobCreate_HOFireEvent, Line 29

Database error 50000: re-throw in Procedure QBM_PJobCreate, Line 72

Database error 515: detected in (SRV=DTRAFLOCO2K526\IDM_DEV_01, DB=QUEST_DEV_1IDM) Procedure QBM_PJobCreate, Line 56

Database error 515: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'Queue', table 'QUEST_DEV_1IDM.dbo.JobQueue'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

An error was raised during trigger execution. The batch has been aborted and the user transaction, if any, has been rolled back.

Is it due to permissions on the sql server or something else?

• Ok, let assume that I've installed the One Identity Manager on the SQL server, why if I try to assign the "Job server" machine role to another (new created) job server I get this error message?

Error flushing changes to database.

Error during execution of statement: insert into QBMServerHasDeployTarget (UID_QBMDeployTarget, UID_QBMServer, xdateinserted, xuserinserted, xdateupdated, xuserupdated, xobjectkey) values ('QBM-0E1D8602DD5952E2F9FD1A7E1ECAF2C9', '8D2091BB-B07B-4A5A-B852-AE6E803EBBE2', GetUTCDate(), N'viadmin', GetUTCDate(), N'viadmin', '<Key><T>QBMServerHasDeployTarget</T><P>QBM-0E1D8602DD5952E2F9FD1A7E1ECAF2C9</P><P>8D2091BB-B07B-4A5A-B852-AE6E803EBBE2</P></Key>')

Database error 50000: re-throw in Procedure QBM_PJobCreate_HOFireEvent_L, Line 32

Database error 50000: re-throw in Procedure QBM_PJobCreate_HOFireEvent, Line 29

Database error 50000: re-throw in Procedure QBM_PJobCreate, Line 72

Database error 515: detected in (SRV=DTRAFLOCO2K526\IDM_DEV_01, DB=QUEST_DEV_1IDM) Procedure QBM_PJobCreate, Line 56

Database error 515: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'Queue', table 'QUEST_DEV_1IDM.dbo.JobQueue'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

An error was raised during trigger execution. The batch has been aborted and the user transaction, if any, has been rolled back.

Is it due to permissions on the sql server or something else?

Children
  • That is odd, did you populate the "Server" field? When I do that the queue field automatically gets filled in with the server name. The error provided looks like it is not getting filled for some reason.

• Of course, indeed the queue attribute has been filled automatically whit same name.
    I also tried to insert new server by designer right now: I fill the "Server" field, I set the "OneIdentityManager service installed"  server function, I set the "server" and "job server" machine roles and when I try to commit, i get the same error. It looks like it doesn't like when I select the "job server" machine role.