Office 365 group subscribers

Members, owners, and subscribers can be assigned to Office 365 groups.

What's the difference between members and subscribers?

• A short Google search returns the explanation.

"Office 365 Groups allow members to subscribe to a group so that members are notified by e-mail when group content such as conversations or new calendar items are added or modified. Subscription settings for groups can be set by members and group owners."

• Thank you for your answer. but i don't understand this really.

Can you explain, how it works in the identity manager?

i can add a azure account to a o365-group about the task "Assign subscribers".

the identity manager add this account as a subscriber and member (new entry in tables: "O3EAADuserSubscrUnifiedGroup" and "O3EAADuserInUnifiedGroup").

on "azure ad" is this account a new member of the o365-group.

when i remove this account about the task "Assign subscribers".

the identity manager remove this account as a subscriber but not as member (delete in table: "O3EAADuserSubscrUnifiedGroup").

on "azure ad" the account is still member of the o365-group.

what's the difference? what is the purpose?

thank you for your support

• As I have said

"Office 365 Groups allow members to subscribe to a group so that members are notified by e-mail when group content such as conversations or new calendar items are added or modified."

So you need to be a member to be a subscriber - that's why OneIM Adds you to the group as well. But if you remove just the subscription capability, you can still be a member of the group. Hence the group membership still applies.