Banner sync is taking a lot of time to execute. How to reduce the time of execution of the sync?

Hi,

I have configured a Banner view sync in one identity manager v.8.1.4. The target is a view from Oracle Database and we are updating/inserting the records into Person table in One identity manager. 

We also have the revision set and the workflow in place.

But the issue we are facing is whenever we execute the sync it is taking nearly 9 hours to process nearly 240k records from the target system.

But, When I look into the log file around 1000 records are being updated and very few records inserted. I am not able to figure our how to reduce the time of execution of the sync. 

Note :  we won't be getting Updated_Date  attribute from the target.

My question is how to reduce the time of the sync execution and basically what could be the cause for the long processing time?

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,

Sudhir

• Hi,

with the given information it is hard to tell where the issue is. It could be bad performance of the Oracle Database or the network between the sync host an the Oracle Database. It could be resource limitations on the synchronization host.
    You should create a synchronization analysis report (Synchronization Editor - Help > Generate synchronization analysis report) and check if your Oracle Database shows high "List read" or "object load" times.
    If your view contains many NCLOB, CLOB or BLOB columns, you need to setup your oracle connection to load LOB columns in line.
    Does your sync host max out on CPU or RAM during the synchronization?
    Revision filtering only works when the target provides a revision too.

Best regards,
    Andreas