Forms in Manager, .vif files and components.

Former Member
Former Member

Hi,

A few days ago I created a post here which was solved (thanks  !!) but  opened a new path of investigation nevertheless. The base for this is our ServiceDesk wants access to the Manager app but a quite light version of it. So that's our goal now. We could provide this service via the web portal, but first, this has been customized for end users and , second, we do not want to put much effort on the web portal while we're focusing on the html5 + Angular version of it. 

For 8.2x (and prior) the documentation states that if you need to create your own form templates, "(...) you can provide your own form templates in a form archive (*.Forms.vif)". Following this and my research after that post, some questions arise:

• How can I create .vif files? Is there any tool or tools provided?
  • Where could I get the list of components for the QER.Forms.vif file? I know they differ from the components in Common.forms.vif . For instance, the component TreeComboBoxUIDDepartment is present in QER.Forms but not in Common.Forms.

Thanks !

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago

In the media and the installed folder I've found the FormDevelopmentSetupWizard.exe . It requires the One Identity Manager installation source , pointed out to my media but it wont move ahead of that point :( 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago in reply to Former Member

After digging for a while, it seems it is part of the MDK that requires another module (BLD) and so , so , so on.

It was there in 8.1x , gone in 8.2, yet the documentation says "you can provide your own form templates". Well, well well...