Process orchestration calling a mail template

Hello,

I have a need for a process orchestration to send information down to a mail template.

The data is not present in the table where the mail template is based. The mail template is called by the process orch and was wonder if a parameter in the process orch can be called within the mail template.

Thank you for any help on this.

Lu

• You can use the parametername1(...10) and parametervalue1(...10) in your process step to send the email and access the parameters in the mail template with the $PC(parametername)$ syntax.

Example from one of the OOTB processes:

• Markus,

I get an error when trying to call the parameter from the process orchestration.

I populated ParamName1 from the process step and it shows in the simulation or when i run the value i need to pass.

Please see the error below.

ErrorMessages (2022-10-06 16:14:09.663) [810298] Parameter 'ParamName1' not found.
    at StdioProcessor.StdioProcessor._Execute(Job job)
    at VI.JobService.JobComponents.MailComponent.Activate(String task)
    at VI.JobService.JobComponents.MailComponent._SendRichMail()
    at VI.Mail.MailComposer.<Compose>d__6.MoveNext()
    at VI.Mail.MailComposer.Compose(IEntity richMail, MailParameters parameters)
    at VI.Mail.MailComposer._RenderMessageBody(MailTemplate template, MailBodyFormat bodyFormat, MailParameters parameters, MailMessage msg)
    at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace(String input, MatchEvaluator evaluator)
    at System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexReplacement.Replace(MatchEvaluator evaluator, Regex regex, String input, Int32 count, Int32 startat)
    at VI.DB.Scripting.PlaceholderReplacer._Replace(Match m)
    (2022-10-06 16:41:30.297) Reactivation of process containing frozen process step f4e25ab5-adde-45fa-9b3c-51d706cdcf7c
    (2022-10-06 16:42:39.947) [810298] Parameter 'ParamName1' not found.
    at StdioProcessor.StdioProcessor._Execute(Job job)
    at VI.JobService.JobComponents.MailComponent.Activate(String task)
    at VI.JobService.JobComponents.MailComponent._SendRichMail()
    at VI.Mail.MailComposer.<Compose>d__6.MoveNext()
    at VI.Mail.MailComposer.Compose(IEntity richMail, MailParameters parameters)
    at VI.Mail.MailComposer._RenderMessageBody(MailTemplate template, MailBodyFormat bodyFormat, MailParameters parameters, MailMessage msg)
    at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace(String input, MatchEvaluator evaluator)
    at System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexReplacement.Replace(MatchEvaluator evaluator, Regex regex, String input, Int32 count, Int32 startat)
    at VI.DB.Scripting.PlaceholderReplacer._Replace(Match 

Thank you for the time and help.

Lu

• Markus,

I was able to get this figured out. It works like a charm. Thanks for the advice and help to get what i needed.

Lu