Powershell-connector

So I've created my first Powershell-connector and added some logging to a file so see what is happening when I browse, synk and provision users to the target system.

I have cmdlets for Get-Users, Get-User, and Update-User.

Get-Users returns an array of objects containing all the attributes that Iäm interested in inserting in UNSAccountB. Get-User only returns one object, but the same number of attributes.

When I try to get all users in Postman, it takes around 20-30 seconds. When I try to get all users with the cmdlet, it takes the same amount of time.

What I'm trying to understand is the logic behind the synchronisation. When I run the synchronisation to get all the users, I see in the log that it runs the cmdlet for Get-Users (takes about the same time as the other) and then it starts to run Get-User on each individual user. This means that a action of getting all users takes about 1,5 hrs.

Can anyone explain if this is how the logic SHOULD work, then I'm interested in trying to understand the resoning. If this is NOT how it's suppose to be, what am I doing wrong and how can I fix it.

/Henrik

Parents Reply
  • As Rodney has hinted, the slim list, which gets all objects in a target system, could grow huge if you include all properties by default. That's why the sync engine (not the connector) separates the calls of a list of objects and the call to fetch a single object including all properties. Another reason is, that not all target systems allow you to bring all properties in list calls or these calls are very expensive.

For your use case, where the list call is cheap,  you could either try my suggestion or, if that is not helping, implement the approach from Rodney.

Children
No Data