VID_SendMail error: "Parameter name: path1"

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to configure the SMTP Server in Development Server with the same parameters of Production Server where I can send mails.

In Development Server I've tried to send a mail with "exec QBM_PJobCreate_SendMail 'testsubject','testmessage','AddressTo','AddressFrom',@genprocid='12345'" but it return an error in the Log File:

[System.ArgumentNullException] Value cannot be null.
       Parameter name: path1
       at VI.JobService.ProcessorThread._ExecuteJob(Job job, JobResult result)
       at VI.JobService.JobComponents.MailComponent.Activate(String task)
       at VI.JobService.JobComponents.MailComponent._TaskSendMail()
       at VI.JobService.JobComponents.MailComponent._Send(MimeMessage message, MailSecurity security)
       at VI.JobService.JobComponents.MailCatcher.Catch(MimeMessage message)
       at VI.JobService.JobComponents.DebugMailPlugin.Handle(MimeMessage message)
       at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)

Could somebody help me to know how to fix this error?

We use OIM v.8.1.4.

Thanks everybody for your answer

Parents Reply
  • Hi Markus, thanks for the reply.
    The DebugMailPlugin is configured correctly otherwise no email triggering would work.
    Moreover, there is no additional configuration to do for the MailPlugin as the only property it contains is Drop folder which I don't think is relevant.

The OTB process which fails is the "VI_Attestation_Person send summary mail to remind approver" which is triggered based on another OTB process called "VI_Attestation_Person initialize summary mails to remind approvers" which is triggered when you hit the button Send reminder for a pending attestation task in ITShop when you belong to AERole "Identity & Access Governance\Attestation\Administrators".

Children