Failed to authenticate user. You are not authorized to use this database (Web portal)

Hi,

One Identity manager version is 8.2

I am trying to configure an employee role based authentication for ITShop inside a non-prod environment for testing purposes.

I have done this exercise many times before but this time I am not able to make it work no matter what.

I have also checked every other post in the forum related but I did not find anything new to help me.

More specifically I have tried the following to no avail:

1) I have enabled the authentication module in designer for access to the shop.
2) I have enabled anonymous authentication on the web portal application level and disabled windows one.
3) I have done lots of IIS resets.
4) I have configured the web.config file with Employee (role-based) authentication.
5) I have uninstalled and re-installed ITShop plus application server just in case.
5) I have tried using a password based on the One Identity password policy and even not using it (just putting 0s on every policy property).
6) My identity fills all the authentication module's pre-requisites.
7) I have checked the ITShop logs but they give no more information than the error above.
8) I have enabled TRACE mode for web and sql but again no more information than the error above.
9) I am not using HTTPS just HTTP, therefore no certificates involved.
10) I have used other authentication modules, like AD role based (SSO) and System user. The AD one gives the same error, the system user gives the error that "Object reference not set to an instance of the object" but my system user is linked to an active identity. Moreover, when I use the system user for login to App server portal, works. But the rest, AD and employee role based wont work for application server giving the same error, not authorized for the database.
11) I have checked every single configuration if it matches the configuration in other projects where the employee role based works and they are identical.
12) I have only one database in my network so there is no way to confuse it with another one.
13) Same issue when trying to preview and access the shop via web designer.
I am really out of ideas. Is there anything more I have not checked?
Thanks in advance.