How to rename a dialogUser

Hello Pro's,

We have a need to rename a dialoguser. Are you aware of how we can do this? When we go into designer / permissions / system user it shows the username field un-editable. I went into object browser and see that field is “CanEdit =  false”. Does anyone have any suggestions or ways to have this changed? I was thinking of direct update into SQL but don’t want to mess anything up. My other thought was to just delete then recreate the user but don't want to lose any saved queries or settings.

Thank you,

Lu

• Hi Lu,
    renaming dialoguser is not allowed, because for example all of XUserUpdated und -Inserted fields would be needed to be changed. Then there are also the QMXUser and QBMXFilter-Tables. 

Options:
    SQL update:
    The history of the XUserUpdated and XUserInserted will be incorrect and the history reports will not be working correctly.

User copy:
    Copy the dialoguser in designer and paste it. Then the username can be changed for the copy. The saved queries and settings will not be transported to the new user. 

I would go for the user copy and see, which settings and queries are missing after that. These can be then transfered with for example ObjectBrowser to the new user.

Your welcome,
    Tomi