SAP Connector Mapping Issue (HCM)

Hello experts,

i am also experiencing an isuue upon reading and mapping data from SAP HCM with SAP R/3 Connector.

Some info about my DEV environment:

• Identity Manager 8.2.1
  • Corresponding BAPI successfully imported to the SAP Client
  • SAP NCo installed on both sides (1IM and Target System) - Version 3.0.25
  • Sync project cofigured according to the docs, with template for SAP HCM

The connection to the target system works, but most of the attributes cannot be reached (e.g. Last name) and therefore person object are not created. Strangely enough, values of data type Date (e.g. HR_LEAVING_DATE) or references to organizational structure (e.g. ORGEH) are correctly displayed in the Target System Browser and upon executing the synchronization.

Altough the mapping looks like this: The error that is displayed in the sync log looks like this: [810077] Person: The following fields are compulsory and need to be filled: Last name.

Though, in the mapping looks just fine (LASTNAME (HREmployeeActive) => Last name (1IM)).

I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

Best regards

Toni

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Tino, 

we used the transport files contained in the folder SAP\dvd\AddOn of the 9.1.1 installer. Is there a new version of the BAPI transport?

Our role has the same authorizations Can you send a screen of the detail for the ZVIH and ZVIL authorizations?

Enrico. 

• Sure, attached.

What is the the issue you are looking a solution for?

Regards,

Tino

• The issue is the same described by Toni. We are using the SAP HCM Employee template but when we browse some resources like the HREmployee_Active or the Active_PA0000 resource, fields are empty except for the HR_Leaving_DATE or ORGEH ones that are correctly displayed. If we try with a user provided with the SAP_ALL Profile we can see all the fileds correctly populated, so we think the issue is related to missing authorizations for the /VIAENET/SYNC Role. We receive no error when we try to browse the resources but almost all the fileds have no value displayed, strings are empty, integers are 0 and dates are 30/12/1899. 

We are trying to figure out which authorization objects are missing.

Enrico. 

• Hi Enrico,

you should notice the section "Authorizations for synchronizing with an SAP HCM system" at "Administration Guide for SAP R/3
    Structural Profiles Add-on".

Authorizations for synchronizing with an SAP HCM system

You require the following authorizations for accessing the target system in order to
    synchronize One Identity Manager with an SAP HCM system.
    * Structural profile "ALL" (assigned in the T77UA table)
    * Authorization object S_RFC (authorization check on RFC access) with activity 16, at least for the PERS, PADR, RH65, RPAI function groups.

Regards,

Tino

• Really thank you Tino. 

This will help with my issue. 

Enrico.