Could not load file or assembly 'AAD.Customizer' or one of its dependencies

Hi All,

We are using version 8.2 of One Identity Manager. I am trying to create a project using Starling connector, the connection gets established but while loading the schema, I get the error "Could not load file or assembly 'AAD.Customizer' or one of its dependencies"

Please note -  AAD.Customizer dll is already present in the OneIM Installation folder, The jobserver has Azure AD machine role and server function assigned. I have also tried to restart jobserver as well. However I am not sure what could be the use/dependency of Starling connector on AAD.customizer 

Not just that, I am also trying to re-establish the connection with some old projects for AD, SAP and Azure AD connectors and I am getting the same error there as well. 

Any suggestion would be really appreciated! 

Below is the error message:

[1777217] Error loading schema of schema type (IP\DBservername)!

at VI.UI.Wizards.WizardPage.<ProcessAsync>d__16.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

at VI.UI.Wizards.WizardPage.<>c__DisplayClass16_1.<ProcessAsync>b__0()

at VI.Projector.Editor.Wizards.PageShell05_WaitForSchema.<OnProcess>b__6_0()

at VI.Projector.Schema.Schema.ForceLoad()

at VI.Projector.Schema.Schema.get_Types()

at VI.Projector.Schema.Schema._CreateTypesCollection()

Could not load file or assembly 'AAD.Customizer' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at VI.DB.Entities.EntityLogicFactoryImpl.<GetAsync>d__9.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at VI.DB.Entities.EntityLogicFactoryImpl.<_CreateLogicAsync>d__10.MoveNext()

at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

Thanks,

Simran

• Based on the stacktrace you attached did the error occur while using the Synchronization Editor, referring to the job server is not relevant in this case. If the AAD.Customizer.dll is present in the directory you started the SynchronizationEditor.exe program from, you can conclude that it is either corrupt or the wrong version. Check the file size compared to the OOTB one and version.

• Hi 

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes the dll is present in the same directory as the SynchronizationEditor.exe. I did check the versions and  they match!

I tried to perform below activities:

1. Run the consistency check from designer tool and repair all errors.

2. Copy the AAD.Customizer.dll  from the working environment and pasting the same here, restarted the OneIM jobservice.

But nothing worked for me. 

Can you suggest  something else?

• Normally you would not have the job service installed at the same location as your administrative tools like the Synchronization Editor. In the case you have that exotic setup you could zip the working environment and overwrite the broken environment. Loading of assemblies (dll's) can be difficult to track because you would also have to check the dependencies loaded from AAD.Customizer.dll. Check the event viewer for additional info. I would not spend time looking at assembly load traces but just re-install or copy a working environment.

• Just to confirm but do the dll's exist in the database? The table would be QBMFileRevision

• Note that my replies are flagged for moderation and can have a delay of at least a day.