History DB Update 8.x -> 9.1.1

Hi All
we try to update the HDB, following the guide (support.oneidentity.com/.../data-archiving-administration-guide
The first step is:
"Update the administrative workstation on which the update of the One Identity Manager history database schema is to be started. "

So we start the update, select the installation folder of the  version 8 and "Installation with existing database". Connection to the HDB is OK, then we get the following error

"Not all modules could be selected! (HDB: Module Archiving and Identity Management Base Module cannot be slected together..."

What are we doing wrong?
We do not want to create a new HDB, the existing data must not be deleted

Thanks for any tips!

Gregor

• Did you see the following note from the administration guide that you posted:

IMPORTANT: As of One Identity Manager version 9.0, One Identity Manager History Database has been significantly simplified. On the one hand, this reduces the effort required to set up and operate the database and, on the other, enables the operation of Azure SQL Database s. The History Database only provides simplified data storage. The History Database neither includes One Identity Manager modules nor system configuration data. There are no active components anymore.

When updating a History Database with a version that is older than 9.0, note the following:

• It is recommended to install the History Database first!

• Existing databases are still supported for querying archived data in TimeTrace and reports. These databases do not need to be migrated.

• If you still want to migrate an existing History Database , ensure that the all features, procedures, tables, and views that are not in the following list are deleted by the History Database migration:

HistoryChain, HistoryJob, ProcessChain, ProcessGroup, ProcessInfo, ProcessStep, ProcessSubstitute, RawJobHistory, RawProcess, RawProcessChain, RawProcessGroup, RawProcessStep, RawProcessSubstitute, RawWatchOperation, RawWatchProperty, SourceColumn, SourceDatabase, SourceTable, WatchOperation, WatchProperty

Save any custom extensions before migrating.

NOTE: Read the release notes for possible differing or additional steps for updating a One Identity Manager History Database .

• Hi,

I read it, but didn't understand it.  
    "If you still want to migrate an existing history database, make sure that..." suggests that migration is possible.

The first update steps in the linked guide are:

1. Update the administrative workstation, on which the One Identity Manager History Database database schema update will be started. For more information about updating an administrative database, see the One Identity Manager Installation Guide.

2. Make a backup of the One Identity Manager History Database.

3. Run the One Identity Manager History Database schema update.

And that is exactly my question. How does it work if I'm not able to select the given HDB?

Best

Gregor

• I just went through this procedure. I took a backup of my 8.1.5 history database. I then used the configuration wizard from my 9.1.1 installation server. In configuration wizard I connected to my 8.1.5 history database. I then selected the option to update. Finished the wizard. Declared the history database in designer. I did not run into any issues.

• while updating the HDB schema we got a sql error 

Sql command failed.

[810143] Database error 208: Invalid object name 'DialogConfigParm'.
    Invalid object name 'DialogConfigParm'

So restore the HDB once more and simply reassigne it in Designer (it is on a different server than before the update)
    Now we can see trace data, but we are unsure whether the HDB now works - even without a schema update.

• It looks to be the same issue as discussed here - www.oneidentity.com/.../83703