Limit the request for ITShop service item

Hi,

version 9.2.

I connected a service item with an aadgroup that assignes licenses to users and since i have 25 licenses only i was wondering if there is a solution to limit the request of a certain service item when it is already assigned to 25 users.

Thank you.

Regards.

Redinaldo Hysesani

Parents
  • Next to the solution Niels proposed (which works well :) ) you can also consider the following;

-Make a 'dummy' resource such as 'AADGroupWithoutLicense' which can be requested.

-Make a dynamic role which has a condition that says; 'Assign everyone with AADGroupWithoutLicense assigned, with a maximum of 25' (This may cause some delay in the assignment between 'initial assignment' and 'license group assignment', you can consider setting the recalculation properties to limit that impact).

-This way you will never assign more than 25 people to the actual license group but you can see the total number of people that want the license group (they can complete their workflow). 

The advantage of the above approach is that it also covers scenario's where you want to assign the group through (for example) business roles which are assigned automatically or other methods in the role model. You also have the advantage that people can complete their approval workflow (i.e. you can see if the group should actually be assigned) without it actually being assigned.

That last bit is obviously also the downside, people might assume they get the application but due to license limits they won't actually be assigned.

As said, excellent option proposed by Niels, just adding another option out there based on the exact use case. The above is primarily useful if you mix IT-Shop requests with assignments through an automated role model.

• Hi Jos,

i will surely keep this solution in consideration for the future.

Thank you!

Reply Children
No Data