SynchronizationEditor.CLI.exe --UpdateSchema Activate Project and compress Schema

I hate following situation.

I want to create new SyncProjects for ADS in IM 9.2.

SynchronizationEditor.CLI.exe --CreateShell works well, and it creates the new syncproject with the standard template.

I add some DPRSystemMappingRule directly in the corresponding DPRSystemMappingRule table, to have the customer fields included.

Since updates on the customer attributes won't trigger any updates on objects, I have to update the schema(s).
If I do that in the SyncEditor it works fine, and the schema is compressed afterwards, and the project activated.
But I want to do it fully automated (scripted). Therefore I call SynchronizationEditor.CLI.exe --UpdateSchema, which works fine as well.

The problem is, that in my scripted UpdateSchema, the schema isn't compressed and the project isn't actived afterwards.

Is there an option, to trigger the compression and activation from powershell script?
Or is it somehow possible to configure the mapping of the customer attributes already in the sews file, while creating the new sync project?

btw. I know, that I could work with DPRTemplates, but that isn't well documented and seems very complicated.

• We have taken backlog entry 447064 for bringing schema compression and activation to the CLI tool.

For the time being synchronization templates look like the way to go.

• Hi Markus

Thanks for your reply.
    Is there any further documentation about using templates? 
    My experience up to now with templates is, that they are some kind of black box. But it looks a bit scary, since even passwords are safed in CLEARTEXT.
    Why are the variables values safed to the template. I need the template for another domain, with different values.

What I need is a template working like the standard template. I mean I would like to provide the connection values as parameter from commandline or GUI Editor.