Data Import by change label issue

Hi Team,

When importing the change label from Web Designer (development environment) to a different test environment, I ran across a problem. It's indicating: 'Web Designer configuration: The combination of the fields File name and Program must be unique; object CCC_Start already contains this combination.'

The CCC_Start module is already present in the test environment; we are just updating a few features of it. I believe this should not be an issue since we are only updating some configuration.

Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

• Hi Hana,

Have you checked the UID's of the objects to see if they're the same? When transporting changes the system compares the UID's to see if it's the same object, and if it is it will indeed update the existing object.

However if you (manually) created / customized the CCC_Start module in both environments, instead of transporting between the environments, the UID's of the customized object will be different causing issues when transporting.

• Hi  

Is it the all the UID's object within the custom module? I believe it should be the same; the difference will be the added features or tiles that I created and will import into the test environment.

Do you know if there's another way to import the web UI changes aside from change label?

Thank you in advance.

• Hi Hana,

If I could give a quick first recommendation here. Look at the UID's in both environments so that you actually know whether they're the same or not.

In regards to moving changes between environments;

You can select objects to include in a transport in a variety of ways (aside from change labels), however if the system tries to insert a module with the same name but a different UID you will likely continue getting this error.

If the UID's are the same then the issue becomes a bit more complicated analysis wise, then the question is where the differences are in the environment. Are all changes in the transport / change label, are you sure no additions were made to the test environment manually etc...

• Hi  yes you are correct both environments have different UID's.

In order to ensure that the custom module ccc_start in our test and dev environment has the same UIDs as production, we will copy/transport it from production. So every time that we will transport something from the 2 environments (dev and test) it will have the same UID's.

That's the resolution that we are thinking. 

Thank you. 

• Hi  we are currently going to import the ccc_start module from production to our test environment but upon importing we got an error message saying "The version numbers of the transport file (8.2) and the database (9.2) do not match. Importing can cause errors depending on the type of data"

Any suggestion or advise.

Thank you in advance.

• Hi Hana,

It means that the transport (atleast when it was created) was made on a version 8.2 environment while your test environment is running on version 9.2...

This can mean a few things;

1) Your test and production environments are on different versions. In that case you'll want to bring them to the same version before you can move transports between them.

2) You are using an 'old' transport while both systems are (by now) running on the same V9.2 version. In that case you can use the transporter tool to make a new transport (for version 9.2) to move to your test environment.

• Hi  

Each environment has different version of OIM, is there any other way to do import without changing the version for each environment?

Or do we just need to bring one version of each?

Although the OIM has already been updated to version 9.2, I thought that the web UI could still make use of version 8.2.

Thank you in advance.

• Hi Hana,

The 'old' non Angular web UI is indeed still available in version 9.2. I do believe it is deprecated and will likely be removed in version 10 so if you are going to do serious customizations I would highly recommend switching to the Angular portal (for the better user experience as well...)

But separate of that in general it is not recommended (and with major version's not possible) to move transports created in version 8, for example, into a version 9 system.

My recommendation would be to make sure all your environments (test / acceptance / production) are running on the same version unless you are doing a version upgrade at that time. When you are doing a version upgrade have a (short) freeze for moving changes to production and move them together with your upgrade.

You can recreate the transport in your version 9 environment and move it to the other environment when that has also been upgraded to version 9.

---

To be clear, this is my opinion on a best practice, if others have different opinions always glad to hear them!