This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

IdM - Source Control

Hello Dell Community - wondering if any of you employ some form of source control when you are compiling your changes to IdM.

Other than setting labels or adding code snippets to identity the changes made, I'm curious to hear if there are any success stories utilizing a central source control location.

Thanks!

• Hi Mr. Ipa,

we usually use SVN in our projects but have used TFVC as well.

cu,

Oliver

• Hi oliver,

Could you provide some more details on how to configure svn or any source control (Git,TFS) with D1IM ? 

Thanks,

Sasank,

• Hi Sesank,

that's nothing that is just enabled and configured, since it's not an ootb feature of the product (Dell, are you listening? :-)).

We have a rather comprehensive implementation that allows this based on customization. A lot of effort has been put into it over the last couple of years. We use it in most of our customer installations with growing popularity. I'm sure other integrators or customers have implemented their own solutions. 

cu,

Oliver

• Hi Oliver,

Thanks for the reply. Can you guide me on how to configure and enable it ?

My goal is to use visual studio for writing and testing my scripts. Also use a version control/source control tool for working in distributed environment and maintain versioning history. Can you tell me whether the whole pack of things I mentioned is feasible and achievable through dell. (FYI, I am bit new to d1im.)

Thanks,

Sasank.

• Hi Sesank,

a full revision-control integration can NOT be configured and enabled. It's NOT an ootb function of the product. You have to implement this yourself.

BUT: If you're only interested in the scripts (ie. SystemLibrary; not the processes, workflows, dyn. roles, user interface defintion, WebDesigner, attestation routines, ...), you can probably use SystemDebugger to maintain them in Visual Studio and combine this with standard Visual Studio TFS/TFVC integration.

HTH,

Oliver