This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to filter/scope target system values

I am using v7.0.2 Synchronization Editor, in a SQL Server type synchronization project. I have a SQL Server connection and want ALL records read from all database tables, but:

- I have a table which contains both users and roles, a column determines the type

How can I apply a filter to only process users (where type='USER') in one synchronization workflow and apply another filter of another synchronization workflow (apply some scope like where type='ROLE')

I cannot apply the WHERE filter in the Database connection configuration because it will filter out records.

Thanks

Parents
  • Hi,

you have to create two custom target system schema classes and two mappings. In the custom schema classes you can apply a filter to distinguish between users and roles.

I've done that for an Oracle User Profile sample.

Sample:

1. Create a custom target schema class while you are creating your mapping (my sample is for role in role)
    2. Define a System filter to limit the amount of data fetched from your table. (System filter is literally a where clause in case of the database connector)
    3. Repeat the same steps for your other use case with different system filter

In your case, the system filters would be

• type='ROLE'
    • type='USER'

• Hi,

you have to create two custom target system schema classes and two mappings. In the custom schema classes you can apply a filter to distinguish between users and roles.

I've done that for an Oracle User Profile sample.

Sample:

1. Create a custom target schema class while you are creating your mapping (my sample is for role in role)
    2. Define a System filter to limit the amount of data fetched from your table. (System filter is literally a where clause in case of the database connector)
    3. Repeat the same steps for your other use case with different system filter

In your case, the system filters would be

• type='ROLE'
    • type='USER'

Children
No Data