This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Non-Person fields not displaying on IT Shop (Web)

Hello Community,

We are trying to expand the web portal (IT Shop) to allow users to request for certain service items. To request these we need a custom form that we are trying to build. We have copied the Employee_Add module for this itself and are trying to edit this. In the back end, We have extended the AccProduct table to include some custom columns. Now we want the new form to show custom fields of AccProduct table. The column labels are showing up correctly but the actual textboxes/fields are not showing against the labels.

I am not sure what's missing here. Any suggestions?

As you can see below, the labels are visible but the actual text-boxes/fields don't show up. The collection mapping and everything seems to be correct and the column dependent reference is also calling the currentcolumn.

• Hi Sachin,

this questions was answered in this forum already.

Please extend the table ShoppingCartItem as well and make sure that you have assigned the correct permission in Designer.

Regards,
    Geraldine

• Thanks for the reply Geraldine.

So another table will have to be extended. What columns will it have? Just the UID of the reference table or all columns?

Thanks

Sachin

• Hi Sachin,

sorry I was wrong, if you extend PWO you have to extend ShoppingCartItem.... So no extension needed for AccProduct.

But still the thing with permissions in Designer and Identity Manager you'll have to do. For an how to on that, please search this forum or use the documentation.

Regards,
    Geraldine

• Ok so no extension.

I have the permissions set for all fields on AccProduct table for the Custom Permissions group we have built. I am logging as a person who is assigned this permissions group through an AERole as well, however, I still see nothing. The actual fields do not show up.

Am I missing some other table which might require permissions?

Thanks
    Sachin

• To eliminate the chance that this is a permissions issue, could you login as a user who has a system user account associated with it and see if the fields show up?

• Here're couple of suggestions;

1. You may have already done this but just wanted to make sure that you've verified that your Accproduct collection have values in them and are not blank. Use the query tab in web designer to query your AccProduct collection, If there's a permission issue, it's should display a more descriptive error. However, I don't think this is a permission issue, since the labels are loading, and normally if there're no permission on these columns it will display "< hidden >" instead of blank or some other error.
    2. I'm assuming you are using property list to define the columns you wanted in the form.  Check the property "Expression for display value" to make sure they are blank. Any value in here will overwrite the values in the collection.

HTH