This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dell one Identity Manager integration with Cloud Access manager

Hello Experts,

We have a requirement where we want to integrate Dell one Cloud Access manager with Dell one identity manager. The customer does not want to use password wallet functionality, so Form-based and reverse proxy authentication schemes are ruled out.

Does Dell one Identity Manager supports SAML 2.0? Can we integrate dell one CAM with Dell one IM using SAML authentication scheme?

Do we have any documentation available wrt Dell IM and CAM integration?

Thanks

Lee Tea

• Hi,

Dell One Identity Manager does not support the SAML authentication scheme but you can use the OAuth authenticator of D1IM in combination with Dell One Cloud Access Manager 8.1.

• Thanks Markus !!

Do we have any documentation to integrate D1IM with CAM using OAuth authentication module

• You will find information about the OAuth authentifier from One Identity Manager in the online documentation.

http://documents.software.dell.com/identity-manager/7.0/whats-new/whats-new-in-one-identity-manager/basic-functions/new-authentication-modules/oauth-2-0-authentication-module

I think CAM 8.1 also has a template for the intergration built-in or at least on the product DVD.

• The portable STS that comes with Identity Manager configures the OAuthAuthenticator section with settings specific to its use, and pretty much works right out of the box if you want to go that route.

Unfortunately, CAM does not actually reach out and touch the Identity Manager config and the documentation on this subject is relegated primarily to the portable STS route.

A specific "How To" on how to configure Identity Manager and ITShop to integrate with CAM would be a real win for you guys.

For those of us who already have CAM, it seems silly to have to go on an Easter egg hunt to figure out how to configure ITShop and the management tools to use CAM as opposed to the P-STS for Oauth.

I mean, the client ID settings in the OAuthAuthenticator config are not used, for the P-STS and there is only one certificate thumbprint configuration parameter so it is not very intuitive to understand how to configure both ITShop and the Managment utils to use CAM.

In the CAM OIDC Flow Test tool (That comes with CAM) you at least have options to set client ID, scopes and such to better understand how it works.

With the big Dell purchase of EMC of late, and the pressure that comes along with a competing product (RSA), I would think that there would be a significant push to gain additional market-share.

IMHO, the best way you get there is by making your products easy to integrate. D1IM 7.0.1 is a terrific start, but you guys are playing catch up with the integration game.

I mean, to not have the ability to incorporate SAML into the picture here is a blunder that hampers wide spread adoption of ITShop.

I have been with two companies so far that have decided to go with ServiceNow over ITshop for their attestation because of the expertise deficit you have here in the states.

Its a shame because I think you guys have one of the better products in the market place. 

• Thanks for the feedback, pacmand.  FYI, I am working on an integration doc that details how to configure CAM and D1IM7 ITshop, and expect to have it done shortly.

• Hey George,

Terrific news! Looking forward to that!

• Hi,
    is there some documentation available now? Sth. which is deeper than the standard D1IDM docu?
    I would already be happy if I had some examples how to integrate D1IDM with CAM via OAuth. I know there is a template in CAM 8.1. I would need some on the D1IDM 7.1 side.
    Thanks