From where we can get product key for SPP setup?ASAP

How to attach screenshot with this question?

Is it Windows Product key , what does it mean? Is it any Windows Server Activation key? Product Key like Office key?

Please suggest

Parents Reply
    • Title

Virtual Appliance Microsoft License requirement FAQ
    • Description

Virtual Appliance Microsoft License requirement FAQ
    • Resolution

Does the Virtual Appliance require a Microsoft license?

Yes, in order to be compliant a Microsoft license is required. This applies to customers, partners, trials etc.

Is a Micrsofot license included when SPP is purchased?

No.The customer must use their own license.

What license is required?

A Windows 10 LTSC (Long Term Servicing Channel) license is required. If the customer does not have a volume license agreement with Microsoft they will need to purchase one of two Microsoft products:

Windows ENT Per Dvc Per Device Upgrade LSA (preferred) or 
      Virtual Desktop Access E3 Per User Subscriptions

I am guessing you did not login before you tried to retrieve this KB.

Tim

Children
  • Hello Tim,

I am using Windows Server 2016 product key but it's showing invalid key.  Any suggestion pls?

Also I am trying to open that link by logging in but not opening.

Thanks,

Sushant

• is it Windows 10 LTSC (Long Term Servicing Channel) 2016 license ?

• Sorry. Other than to try another product key I cannot make any other suggestions.

I'm not sure why you are having an issue. I  don't have any details of the exact MS server key you need to deploy and we know MS are very good at making OEM key requirements different to their distributed versions so you could have a valid key but just not quite the right one to support the build.

Other than the KB with the FAQ in it I sent you I can only find this from the admin guide:

The Safeguard for Privileged Passwords virtual appliance requires a valid Microsoft Volume License Agreement that includes licensing for Windows 10 Enterprise. Privileged sessions is available via a join to Safeguard for Privileged Sessions.

So I wonder if you had an Enterprise server key it would work.

I can only suggest you log a call with support mentioning the FAQ and asking them for a specific version that will work.

I checked that link again and it only works for me if I am logged in so I suspect you do not have the correct permissions assigned to your account.

Tim