SPP not starting

Hi,
I need to set up a SPP virtual appliance and it takes too much time displaying this messege,"safeguard is setting up. This may take a few minutes.".
Note: I got this error after hardware change on vmware settings.
what should I do?
Thanks in advance
Parents
  • It is very difficult to provide you with help with so little information to go on.

Setting up a virtual SPP does take a while as it goes through the various stages of its deployment.

However. You do not say what version of VMware you are deploying on. You do not say what resources you have made available to the virtual image. You do not say what version of SPP you are trying to deploy. You do not say how long you have waited or where on the kiosk screen the deployment has got to

You do say you made a change to the hardware setting but you do not say what changes

Did this virtual machine come up before these changes? Have you tried reverting the changes to see if the image now comes up?

So with only limited information .I am afraid it is very difficult to point you in any specific direction to fault find this situation. There are so many variables that can cause issues.

It is not always a VM issue either. I have had situations with the virtual environment running on my laptop with VMWorkstation where an AV setting was interfering with the virtual environment and preventing a virtual SPP image from starting . This took me quite a while to find!

If this is time critical it may be better to try spinning up another VM using the same settings and see if that works. Yes I know that goes against every bone in an engineers body to not fix an issue but it may be the quickest way to get you back up and running again.

If you have time to provide more information I will be happy to see if there is anything more I can suggest.

Best of luck with this issue.

Tim

• Hi tim,
    Thank you for your reply. I have tested the same scenario for changing the settings on another environment and got the same issue. After waiting so long the machine suspend and even if I restart the VM, it gave me the same message.
    - VMware version : 6.7
    - Safeguard version : 2.9 
    - Hardware changes : (RAM size / CPU / network interface )
      It is applicable to make changes for this type of settings?
  • Hi tim,
    Thank you for your reply. I have tested the same scenario for changing the settings on another environment and got the same issue. After waiting so long the machine suspend and even if I restart the VM, it gave me the same message.
    - VMware version : 6.7
    - Safeguard version : 2.9 
    - Hardware changes : (RAM size / CPU / network interface )
      It is applicable to make changes for this type of settings?
Children
  • Ok so this is an VM ESX server environment so you should be able to rule out any o/s factors that the workstation version can introduce.

If you check the notes for the virtual SPP you will see that One Identity recommend the minimum requirements for the image to run. So first question have you tried to setup a virtual SPP using these recommendations?

Second you have still not said just what resources you have allocated to the image just that you have changed the hardware settings for the ram, CPU and network I/F. Potentially any or all of these could be causing you an issue.

I don't actually have a 2.9 image in my environment any more. It is a long way out of date now. I would recommend that you pull the latest version. It has a bunch of new features as well better integration with SPS.

That said I have been running my virtual images with the following setting for SPP for quite a while:

2xCPU - 2GB of RAM - 60Gb disk space - 2 x NIC

I MUST however stress that this is NOT A SUPPORTED One Identity CONFIGURAION! It is something I have found works for me on my laptop and was about the minimum I could get away with.

If you reduce your environment to these levels then expect to find slow response from SPP (particularly if you are carrying out cluster fail over tests) and do not expect to be able to manage hundreds of users and accounts. Ok for basic testing and familiarisation though.

Hope this helps.

Tim