Terminate RDP idle session

Dears,

I just want to know, there is any configuration in safeguard to terminate RDP idle session automatically?

If yes please share the details.

Parents
  • Hi Jafar,

Since RDP sessions are handled by SPS, if using an external SPS then you can enable the "User idle timeout" configuration, please see the link below for more details:

support.oneidentity.com/.../59

Thanks!

• @Tawfiq.Ahmed

Thanks for the informaation.

• I know that this is an old post but thought I'd make a comment here because we have just tested this scenario::

Terminating a session does not mean that the user is logged out. This is not such a big deal if you are not managing user's passwords. If you are then you could potentially increase the account lockouts. This is because if a user's session is terminated by this setting (even though the user has not terminated the session) before their password expires, then when the password is checked back in, it will be changed, leaving the user still logged on with the old password. With this setting it is likely that more user's sessions will be terminated.

However, unlike RDP, SSH creates a virtual terminal and attaches it to your login session. When you end your session, the SSH terminal is also closed. All the processes running on it are terminated, unless you have specifically configured them to keep running, even after session disconnection. So it drops the login as well. So it may be a good thing to set this setting for SSH.

• I know that this is an old post but thought I'd make a comment here because we have just tested this scenario::

Terminating a session does not mean that the user is logged out. This is not such a big deal if you are not managing user's passwords. If you are then you could potentially increase the account lockouts. This is because if a user's session is terminated by this setting (even though the user has not terminated the session) before their password expires, then when the password is checked back in, it will be changed, leaving the user still logged on with the old password. With this setting it is likely that more user's sessions will be terminated.

However, unlike RDP, SSH creates a virtual terminal and attaches it to your login session. When you end your session, the SSH terminal is also closed. All the processes running on it are terminated, unless you have specifically configured them to keep running, even after session disconnection. So it drops the login as well. So it may be a good thing to set this setting for SSH.

Children