How to enable virtual SPS Internal Physical interface 3

I'm running SPS v6.10.0 on VMWare Workstation 15, added a second network adapter, and can add the a new network address to the INT (itnernal) physical interface 3. However, no link detected. I can't ping or connect to TCP port of devices from SPS. I also notice that the ETH0 (external) mac address matches VMware network adapter, however ETH2  (internal) mac address keeps changing after reboot. Is this a limitation of Virtual SPS?

Parents
  • Hi Noriel,

As per the SPS installation guide here:
    https://support.oneidentity.com/technical-documents/one-identity-safeguard-for-privileged-sessions/6.11.1/installation-guide/5#TOPIC-1692399

--------------------------------------

SPS will use the network card with the lowest PCI ID as eth0 (Physical interface 1), the card with the second lowest PCI ID as eth1 (the Physical interface 2), and so on. In some cases, this might differ from the labels in the VMWare management interface, for example, it is possible that eth0 will be labeled as Network adapter 4, and as a result, the SPS Welcome Wizard will not be available on Network adapter 1.

SPS requires at least one network card (preferably VMXNET3) to function. Configurations can use up to 6 network cards.

NOTE: The fourth (eth3) network card is reserved for High Availability mode by default. Therefore, make sure you enable, but do not attach, the fourth (eth3) network card to a network.

- SPS can be installed under the following VMware versions:

VMware ESXi 5.5 or later.

VMware ESXi 6.0 or later.

VMware ESXi 6.5 or later.

VMware ESXi 7.0 or later.

--------------------------------------

Thanks!

• Hi Tawfiq,

So how do i enable the Internal interface as per screenshot? the link is not detected for INT compared to EXT. I can't ping or connect to any devices from SPS. Note that after committing the IP address 192.168.100.22, eth2 (system name) was detected.

Reply Children