windows license to deploy SPP

good morning at all.

i just need to know if it neede a windows Server license (for ex 2016) or Windows 10 LTSC license to deploy SPP.

so, for server or client license type in general?

thanks a lot

Parents
  • To deploy SPP, you'll need a Windows Server license (2016 or later) as it is designed for use on servers.

• Windows 10 LTSC is designed for use on clients and not suitable for deploying SPP. To get more information, you can look into reddit windows keys topics where you can find more insights. Be sure to purchase a license from a reputable source, avoiding counterfeit or stolen keys.

• I thought that the SPP appliances were platformed on the Windows 10 LTSC release.

I have .deployed v6 SPP virtual machines on the Windows 10 LTSC version. Cannot speak to SPP v7 as I have not deployed yet.

Tawfiq has provided a link above that states this version is still available and supported until 2029 

As I remember the Windows 10 LTSC release is a lot cheaper than a server license as well

If you want a definitive answer though as ever your best bet is to open a case with Support although I doubt their response will be different to that provided by Tawfiq.

Good luck 

Tim

• I thought that the SPP appliances were platformed on the Windows 10 LTSC release.

I have .deployed v6 SPP virtual machines on the Windows 10 LTSC version. Cannot speak to SPP v7 as I have not deployed yet.

Tawfiq has provided a link above that states this version is still available and supported until 2029 

As I remember the Windows 10 LTSC release is a lot cheaper than a server license as well

If you want a definitive answer though as ever your best bet is to open a case with Support although I doubt their response will be different to that provided by Tawfiq.

Good luck 

Tim

Children
No Data