This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ActiveRoles 712 and O365

I have installed 712 and all of the services.  I know the O365 add-on isn't compatible.  I've added my tenant and can create Azure AD user and manage the license.  Now how do I manage the O365 mail options for a user?  There is nothing written, that I can see, that says how to set this up.  There are also no O365 Exchange attribues.  Anyone know of next steps?

• What is your setup with Office 365 - i.e. are you running an Exchange Hybrid server?
  • There is one exchange server in the environment only for GAL sync purposes. No mailboxes or databases.
  • All of the options are located in the Web Interface. Some of them also have to be added to the forms through the Web Interface customization.
  • Hi Serge,

There are no O365 Exchange attributes natively in the web interface. Those attributes were added when you installed the O365 add-on but with no add-on there are no attributes for O365 Exchange.
  • Currently, Active Roles does not support the managing of O365 Mailboxes. Until this gets added to the product, it would need to be custom built.

support.oneidentity.com/.../205331
  • The KB was Created on: 6/9/2016. Last Update on: 2/10/2017. I guess the situation has been changed since. And now we are waiting for next release AR 7.1.2 with improvements and fixes expected October 2017 (7.1 was released 3/15/2017)
    KB- Enhancement Request: Manage Office 365/O365 Mailboxes (205331)
    Description: Currently ActiveRoles does not support the managing of O365 Mailboxes.
  • Active Roles 7.1 offers very limited integration with Office 365 and Exchange Online. Managing Exchange Online functionality is not currently included as an out-of-the-box feature. Instead, Active Roles 7.1 communicates with on-prem Microsoft Exchange servers, supporting an Microsoft Exchange on-prem or Microsoft Exchange hybrid configuration only.

Active Roles 7.2 is due to be released in October 2017. I note that the roadmap currently includes "Exchange Online" as well as "O365/Azure enhancements". We may not have feature parity with our on-prem Microsoft Exchange solution, but we should have much better integration with this version when it is released.
  • Terrance, thank you for very important clarification.
    My theoretical guess would be:
    (a) support Exchange Hybrid Mode with MSFT DirSync in place (on-prem Exchange + O365) might not be a part of ARS 7.2 (due MSFT position on public cloud API limitations for DirSync in place).
    (b) ARS 7.2 will manage O365 in parallel and independently of on-premise Exchange.
    (c) in (b) scenario ARS 7.2 might have linking workflow unifying Cloud and on-prem Exchange.