This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Active Roles Customize Error message in Web Interface

Hello all,

I have a script running some checks as part of the PreModify function and throwing and exception if an ID is not unique forest wide, this is working nicely but I was wondering if it is possible to customize what is shown on screen.

What I mean is changing the links displayed under "Look for solution" or at least add an option like an internal link/email address so that 1st level can contact us directly.

Just in case this is the code I use to throw an exception

[string]$exceptionMessage = "ID is not Unique Forest Wide!"
		[System.FormatException]$idException = New-Object System.FormatException $exceptionMessage
		throw $idException

Parents
  • Good info - Aidar,
    specifically looking at the url's shown that direct the impacted user to additional support ..
    Currently show/point to "In Active Roles Community" and "In Active Roles Knowledge Base" - both urls traverse the firewall unnecessarily for our customer base. Outside of editing xml manually - is there are way to set these items under "Look for solution" when you get the error pop-up on the web as shown in the attachment to this thread?
    Personally, I'd like to direct them to either an internal sharepoint FAQ, or our internal help desk knowledge article on the topic.
  • Good info - Aidar,
    specifically looking at the url's shown that direct the impacted user to additional support ..
    Currently show/point to "In Active Roles Community" and "In Active Roles Knowledge Base" - both urls traverse the firewall unnecessarily for our customer base. Outside of editing xml manually - is there are way to set these items under "Look for solution" when you get the error pop-up on the web as shown in the attachment to this thread?
    Personally, I'd like to direct them to either an internal sharepoint FAQ, or our internal help desk knowledge article on the topic.
Children
No Data