Mimicing the Web form entry associated with proxyAddresses

Hello!

The Active Roles web interface provides special, custom entries for managing certain attributes that are impossible to create on your own (or at least there is no documentation on how to do so), which includes the special behaviour associated with editing proxyAddresses, per this screenshot:

You have the ability to use this "Set as Reply" button, for example. This special form only appears when and if you add proxyAddresses to your form. My question, as the subject implies: is there a way to "steal" that behaviour for another attribute? I'm working on a project where e-mail addresses are stored in a custom extended schema attribute instead of proxyAddresses, and I would love to be able to leverage this built-in capability.

Thanks!

Parents
  • Hi Shawn

I don't think it's possible to re-use the custom form used for proxy addresses, but you might be able to create something yourself to mimic it.

Have a look at "Create a Custom Entry" in the MMC, this should give you guidance of how to change your entries "Entry Type" from "Auto" to "Custom", the how to define the script which is fired to Get or Set the value (where the code for this would need to be written by you, and stored on each web server within "CustomCode\Entries.vbs"

However, if your customers CustomProxyAddress should have the same values (or a sub-set of the values) as those in proxyAddresses, you could always get them to modify via ProxyAddresses, then have a workflow or admin policy which runs a script (onPre) to update their CustomProxyAddress field... TBH the latter would be my choice if the requirements fit.

Hope this helps.

Stu

• Hi Shawn

I don't think it's possible to re-use the custom form used for proxy addresses, but you might be able to create something yourself to mimic it.

Have a look at "Create a Custom Entry" in the MMC, this should give you guidance of how to change your entries "Entry Type" from "Auto" to "Custom", the how to define the script which is fired to Get or Set the value (where the code for this would need to be written by you, and stored on each web server within "CustomCode\Entries.vbs"

However, if your customers CustomProxyAddress should have the same values (or a sub-set of the values) as those in proxyAddresses, you could always get them to modify via ProxyAddresses, then have a workflow or admin policy which runs a script (onPre) to update their CustomProxyAddress field... TBH the latter would be my choice if the requirements fit.

Hope this helps.

Stu

Children