ARS - Replication status "unknown" / Publisher - Subscriber

Hi, 

I have two ARS servers and two DBs, configured one of the ARS servers and promoted it as Publisher.
I then added the second server as subscriber.

Both ARS servers 2016 are running under version 7.4.3.110, SQL servers are 2016.

In the ARS console, under "Configuration Databases" the replication status shows "Unknown" also in the properties of the DB under "Replication Status" tab, everything shows empty.
If I check the replication on the SQL box, it seems that the snapshot has been created successfully, therefore I think it should technically work?! Anyway, on the second ARS server, none of the configuration seems to be moved.

Just for my understanding, all MU, Access Templates etc. should be replicated to the second ARS server right?

Thanks for your help,
Micha

Update:
Following errors are shown in the SQL replication monitor:

The process could not connect to Subscriber 'subscriber'. (Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL20084)
Get help: http://help/MSSQL_REPL20084

Login failed for user 'domain\publisher$'. (Source: MSSQLServer, Error number: 18456)
Get help: http://help/18456

The subscription to publication 'AelitaReplica' could not be verified. Ensure that all Merge Agent command line parameters are specified correctly and that the subscription is correctly configured. If the Publisher no longer has information about this subscription, drop and recreate the subscription. (Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL-2147201019)
Get help: help/MSSQL_REPL-2147201019

Parents
  • It looks like things are broken on the SQL side.  

Active Roles itself has almost no involvement in the replication aside from the initial setup and the reporting of status.

Please refer to this article to start troubleshooting.

• Thanks Johnny, I've tried the following:

• 1) To delete the failed Subscriber record, run the following SQL query against the Active Roles database on the Publisher database server (before running the query, replace the <databasename> and <servername> placeholders with the name of the failed Subscriber database and the name of the SQL Server instance that hosts the failed Subscriber database, respectively):

delete from tblReplication where edsaSQLAlias = N'<servername>' and edsaDatabaseName = N'<databasename>'

But it says:
    Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
    Invalid object name 'tblReplication'.

I run the query on the active publisher DB, is that right?

Regards,
    Micha

• Correct.

I assume you are running this in SQL Management Studio.

In your query window, add this before the line you cited above:

use <Active Roles Config DB Name>;

...and substitute in YOUR AR configuration database name.

Reply Children