Is it possible to disable 'temporary access' button on group membership add dialogue

I want to remove the button from the menu that allows adding temporary membership to a specific group.  We leverage temporal group membership where needed.

In this instance I want to set a value on post modify for the timed removal of the account - lets say 30 days.  no override, no options to choose when or how the user exits this group.

Possible to set a per-group configuration item to prevent display of the 'temporary access' button on that dialogue?

Parents
  • Is it - possible to govern temporal group members 'EndTime' by interrupting the operation via workflow to inform the requestor that the value of the endTime exceeds the allowed value.   

I have a 21 day exception group - allows temporary use of feature X
    I auto-set the grace period through policy … if the user doesn't override that value - it is set to 21 days.

but that darn temporal button allows the help desk to override - where I don't want them to have that capability for this specific group.

I created a library function - which generates a generalized-time formatted date using (get-date).adddays(22).tostring("yyyyMMdd030000.0Z")
    I created a workflow that triggers on change of EndTime and IF EndTime is greater than the value from the function (22 days from 'today'), then interrupt the workflow.

Isn't working as expected … so before I flog the script … checking in to see if this scenario is doable … if one knows what they are doing when they set it up.

• Is it - possible to govern temporal group members 'EndTime' by interrupting the operation via workflow to inform the requestor that the value of the endTime exceeds the allowed value.   

I have a 21 day exception group - allows temporary use of feature X
    I auto-set the grace period through policy … if the user doesn't override that value - it is set to 21 days.

but that darn temporal button allows the help desk to override - where I don't want them to have that capability for this specific group.

I created a library function - which generates a generalized-time formatted date using (get-date).adddays(22).tostring("yyyyMMdd030000.0Z")
    I created a workflow that triggers on change of EndTime and IF EndTime is greater than the value from the function (22 days from 'today'), then interrupt the workflow.

Isn't working as expected … so before I flog the script … checking in to see if this scenario is doable … if one knows what they are doing when they set it up.

Children
  • I don't think that you can use a Workflow to examine a temporal group membership. The "temporality" of that operation is not an attribute of any object, it is a Control on the operation itself - metadata that a Workflow has no visibility into.

However, it should be possible to pull this apart and examine it in a pure Policy Script. I THINK that you should be able to query the Temporal stamp using something like this:

$Temporal = $Request.GetInControl("ScheduledOperation-SetTime")

I'll try to test this out in my lab to confirm.

Also, your date conversion doesn't look like the sample here:

Title: Powershell commands for Temporal Group management
    Solution: 315970
    URL: https://support.oneidentity.com/kb/315970 

• Yes, this is possible. This policy script worked fine in my lab:

function onPreModify($Request)
    {
        if($Request.DN -ne "CN=Test,OU=Groups,DC=domain,DC=local")
        {
            return
        }
        $Temporal = $Request.GetInControl("ScheduledOperation-SetTime")
        if(!$Temporal)
        {
            return
        }

$Temporal | Out-File c:\temp\temporal.txt
    }