Override Policies when changing last name

We have several policies in place when creating a user object.

Now if someone tries to change the lastname of such a user (mostly due to marriage), we get the error that it is not possible to do so due to a conflict with several policies.

Is it possible to override or "disable" those policies during the change of the lastname?

This is due to how our attributes are generated, so for example the UPN is dependent on the first- and the lastname. So changing the lastname would create a conflict with the UPN Creation Policy.

I hope I made myself clear of what I want to accomplish.

• This is a common problem - in the past, I have engineered special policy scripts (used with workflows) to handle this situation.  i.e. so that all of the attributes respectively get changed to a calculated "good value" in one transaction.  That has to be your goal.

• The SDK implies that you can use an override but I can't get this to work
    ARS policID = 1234 ( found on the general tab of the policy you want to override - its actually a GUID ) 

In the policy script that you want to override with add this function to return the same policyID as the one you want to override 

function onGetPolicyMarker() {
    # Identify your policy with the same policy ID
    return '1234'
    }

The examples in the SDK only cover overriding the built in policies but it states that any policy can be overridden 

This is the built in example from the SDK - not tested

function onGetPolicyMarker()  {
    # Identify your policy with the same policy ID that is used for a built-in policy
    return $Constants.EDS_APE_TYPE_MOVE_TARGETS
    }

This does not seem to have any effect despite my override policy being directly linked to the user object, which was the other requirement the override has to run before the one you are trying to override