Azure AD Questions

Hi all,

I am new to One Identity products and possibly looking at purchasing Active Roles to automate new user requests from Service Now but I have a few questions that i hope you can help me with:

Environment

We currently create users on our on premise Active Directory and then sync to Azure AD using AD connect (every 30 minutes).

Questions

1. Is it possible to add users directly to Azure AD groups (cloud only, not on-premise and then synced to AAD using AD connect)

2. Can Active Roles create groups directly in AAD, not on-premise and then synced to AAD using AD connect

3. Our long term strategy is to move away from on-premise Active Directory and go cloud only, can Active Roles create new user accounts directly in Azure AD (not on-premise first and then synced). 

Thanks in advance.

Ashley

Parents
  • All of these asks can be done right now using the Active Roles Synchronization Service. Version 7.4.3 has a Service Now Connector and an Azure AD Connector. These jobs could be scheduled and could also be run as-needed.

In future versions of the product, the Active Roles Administration Service will be able to perform all of these asks. Right now, version 7.4.3 can do 1 and 2, in a limited fashion via the Active Roles Web Interface only. 

• All of these asks can be done right now using the Active Roles Synchronization Service. Version 7.4.3 has a Service Now Connector and an Azure AD Connector. These jobs could be scheduled and could also be run as-needed.

In future versions of the product, the Active Roles Administration Service will be able to perform all of these asks. Right now, version 7.4.3 can do 1 and 2, in a limited fashion via the Active Roles Web Interface only. 

Children