Custom Drop down list for policy defined attribute - Totally lost

Hello,

I am relatively new to the ARS backend orchestration engine, so I'm not ensure if what I would like to achieve is possible. But here goes....

I am trying to use ARS to restrict group membership to specific types of users, using attributes. We have an integer attribute in our AD for groups named "custMemberIdType". Under policies, I have managed to create a policy to only accept one of 7 integers which would define one of the following user types (Validates the 'custMemberIDType' property values for 'Group' object)....

0 (-T1 Admins)
1 (-T1 Server Operators)
2 (-T1 Service Accounts)
3 (-T2 Admins)
4 (-T2 Device Operators)
5 (-T2 Service Accounts)
6 (-Generic Application Privileged Acct)
7 (-Normal Account) (Default)

What I would like to do is, when a user creates a new group, they are prompted to select a group type for the group, based on a friendly name (indicated above in brackets), rather than a cryptic number. So far, I can only get the list of integers to show in the GUI. Is there a way to map the friendly names above, to the integers for each type, used in the GUI and web client?

Regards,

Jay

Parents
  • Hi Jay

Use two VA, your existing 'custMemberIdType' and a new 'custMemberType'

In this scenario, you've have an Administration Policy which enforces that the new 'custMemberType' is populated, and the possible values (which would related to your T1 Admins, T1 Server Operators, T1 Service Accounts etc etc etc)

Then have a workflow which fires on change/set of custMemberType, which then triggers the  existing 'custMemberIDType' property's value to be the number which associated with the value being set in 'custMemberType'

For the Web Page, you'd just show the 'custMemberType' property, not the ID... you'd also probably want something to set the custMemberType if the custMemberIDType changes... but be careful with this to, as you don't want one change triggering another, triggering another etc etc.

If you need more details, let me know.

• Hi Jay

Use two VA, your existing 'custMemberIdType' and a new 'custMemberType'

In this scenario, you've have an Administration Policy which enforces that the new 'custMemberType' is populated, and the possible values (which would related to your T1 Admins, T1 Server Operators, T1 Service Accounts etc etc etc)

Then have a workflow which fires on change/set of custMemberType, which then triggers the  existing 'custMemberIDType' property's value to be the number which associated with the value being set in 'custMemberType'

For the Web Page, you'd just show the 'custMemberType' property, not the ID... you'd also probably want something to set the custMemberType if the custMemberIDType changes... but be careful with this to, as you don't want one change triggering another, triggering another etc etc.

If you need more details, let me know.

Children
No Data