upgrade to 7.4.5 / prerequisite software

Hi all,

I try to upgrade from 7.4.4 to 7.5.5 but failing on the prerequisite software installation.
Upgrade from 7.4.3 to 7.4.4, I did a /quiet install therefore I've skipped the prerequisite installation, but now I need the azure stuff in ARS, so I want to do it the right way.

As the server doesn't have any internet connectivity, I've downloaded the nupkg packages and unzipped them to the modules folder of PowerShell, that worked so far for MS Teams etc.
The only two remaining packages are: Exchange Online PowerShell V2 module and AZ (azure az) module, although I did the same as for all the others above, it stills shows as "please install prereq software" when starting the ARS install/upgrade.

I've used the following nupkg packages:

(took the v.2.0.5)
PowerShell Gallery | ExchangeOnlineManagement 2.0.6-Preview3

(took 6.6.0)
PowerShell Gallery | Az 6.6.0

PSVersion: 5.1.14393.4583  
Windows Server 2016 Datacenter

I've installed the package with this steps:
Manually install a module from the PowerShell Gallery – PowerSQL – Bringing PowerShell and SQL together for the best of both worlds. (randomnote1.github.io)

Thanks for your support,
Micha

Parents
  • We found the source of our pre-requisite software install fails  - by fluke.   Like you - We had to install all the modules manually, as we are not connected to the net on any of our servers - and disallowed download of certain filetypes from the web.   Somewhere in the transposition from unzipped module folder to the path on the ARS host, the folder names 'case' was switched to all lower case.

and I kid you not.  for this installer - case mattered.   After we switched from lowercase folder names to CamelCase - exactly as shown below, our pre-req software page was replaced with the 'ready to  upgrade' screen.  we didn't have to re-install the modules - we simply fixed the case of the folder names.

Case matters.

our ARS Server modules folder content

Az.Accounts

AzureAD

AzureAz

ExchangeOnlineManagement

Microsoft.PowerShell.Operation.Validation

MicrosoftTeams

PackageManagement

Pester

PowerShellGet

PSReadline

• Interesting, I will have to check in our test environment as even after downgrading to the required modules listed with the installer, it still failed on Az.Accounts for me, but i didnt check the case of the folder. We ended up using the silent install as well after logging a case, as we also dont use azure modules currently. The specific version requirement I was advised was due to Microsoft deprecating an application authentication mechanism which Quest will be addressing in the future.

• Interesting, I will have to check in our test environment as even after downgrading to the required modules listed with the installer, it still failed on Az.Accounts for me, but i didnt check the case of the folder. We ended up using the silent install as well after logging a case, as we also dont use azure modules currently. The specific version requirement I was advised was due to Microsoft deprecating an application authentication mechanism which Quest will be addressing in the future.

Children
No Data