Script Module / Scripting documentation

Hello,

I'm trying to set up some custom deprovisioning automations, one of which is to move the deprovisioned user to a dynamic set OU, based on the user objects original location. Unfortunately, the built-in workflow actions don't suit my needs, so I'm looking to use some scripting to achieve the task. However, I can't find any documentation for the script module system (like how to use the event handler functions, etc).

Can you point me to some documentation?

Warmest regards,

SJ

• Hi @Scotjay

There are a couple of videos available which were delivered as part of Resilience/Unite (the One Identity product conference) technical sessions

Have a look at:

The Request Object: The Heart of Active Roles (oneidentity.com), which is a great start on requests

Scripting in Active Roles (oneidentity.com), and this one (you'll need to register to watch this one).

Other than those, the SDK installed when adding the Active Roles client tools, has a lot of information available, and some examples.

Hope this helps

Stu

• You may not need to do any scripting depending on what you mean by "user's original location."

If you mean the AD OU they reside in, you could just establish a deprovisioning policy for (i.e. linked to) each (of your "source" OUs that contains a "User Account Relocation" rule stipulating that users deprovisioned in OU "A" will be moved to the OU "Deprov A Users",  in OU "B" will be moved to the OU "An OU for old B Users" and so on.

Have a look at this and see if it's helpful.

Otherwise, scripting wise, you should have a look at the SDK (it's a CHM (help) file that gets "installed" into the file structure of your Admin Service).  It's not the most user friendly resource but have a look through it and feel free to come back with more questions.Relaxed