Script Module / Scripting documentation

Hello,

I'm trying to set up some custom deprovisioning automations, one of which is to move the deprovisioned user to a dynamic set OU, based on the user objects original location. Unfortunately, the built-in workflow actions don't suit my needs, so I'm looking to use some scripting to achieve the task. However, I can't find any documentation for the script module system (like how to use the event handler functions, etc).

Can you point me to some documentation?

Warmest regards,

SJ

Parents
  • You may not need to do any scripting depending on what you mean by "user's original location."

If you mean the AD OU they reside in, you could just establish a deprovisioning policy for (i.e. linked to) each (of your "source" OUs that contains a "User Account Relocation" rule stipulating that users deprovisioned in OU "A" will be moved to the OU "Deprov A Users",  in OU "B" will be moved to the OU "An OU for old B Users" and so on.

Have a look at this and see if it's helpful.

Otherwise, scripting wise, you should have a look at the SDK (it's a CHM (help) file that gets "installed" into the file structure of your Admin Service).  It's not the most user friendly resource but have a look through it and feel free to come back with more questions.Relaxed

• You may not need to do any scripting depending on what you mean by "user's original location."

If you mean the AD OU they reside in, you could just establish a deprovisioning policy for (i.e. linked to) each (of your "source" OUs that contains a "User Account Relocation" rule stipulating that users deprovisioned in OU "A" will be moved to the OU "Deprov A Users",  in OU "B" will be moved to the OU "An OU for old B Users" and so on.

Have a look at this and see if it's helpful.

Otherwise, scripting wise, you should have a look at the SDK (it's a CHM (help) file that gets "installed" into the file structure of your Admin Service).  It's not the most user friendly resource but have a look through it and feel free to come back with more questions.Relaxed

Children
No Data