ARS 8.1 LTS Release Date

I would like to ask Support: when do we expect AR 8.1 LTS release? The original date for AR 8.1 LTS was December 2022, as far I recall.

(*) My understanding the AR 8.1 LTS is a patch release for AR 8.0 LTS.

thank you!

Parents
  • Hi Aidar,

We're looking at the second week of February, but that is still subject to change.

8.1 is part of the normal release cycle and not a direct patch for 8.0 LTS.

8.0 LTS will remain and continue to receive bug updates only, whereas 8.1 will receive new features.

Thank you,

Daniel Bishop

• I was about to upgrade to LTS this weekend and assumed 8.1 would be a direct upgrade. If thats the case then my upgrade will be on hold until 8.1 is released. 

• Hi  

Active Roles 8.0 is the LTS (Long term support) version of the product, where as Active Roles 8.x (where X is greater than 0, ie 8.1) is a feature release.

Upgrading from 8.0 LTS (or previous) to 8.1 feature release is possible, but you would no longer be on a LTS version, and would need to continue to upgrade as new feature release are made available (inline with the Product Life Cycle).

Active Roles 8.0.1 would be the first maintenance release for the LTS version (In the same way that 8.1.1 would be the first maintenance release for the 8.1 feature release version)

Hope this helps.

Stu

• Hi  

Active Roles 8.0 is the LTS (Long term support) version of the product, where as Active Roles 8.x (where X is greater than 0, ie 8.1) is a feature release.

Upgrading from 8.0 LTS (or previous) to 8.1 feature release is possible, but you would no longer be on a LTS version, and would need to continue to upgrade as new feature release are made available (inline with the Product Life Cycle).

Active Roles 8.0.1 would be the first maintenance release for the LTS version (In the same way that 8.1.1 would be the first maintenance release for the 8.1 feature release version)

Hope this helps.

Stu

Children