ARS 8.1 LTS Release Date

I would like to ask Support: when do we expect AR 8.1 LTS release? The original date for AR 8.1 LTS was December 2022, as far I recall.

(*) My understanding the AR 8.1 LTS is a patch release for AR 8.0 LTS.

thank you!

Parents Reply Children
  • It has not but make sure you understand the "new world order" as far as the versions go:

8.0 LTS is a "Long Term Support" release which will remain supported for up to 3 years but receive no new features in that time.  There will be patches / fixes released for it.  These will be versioned 8.0.1, 8.0.2 and so on.  The theory is that this will ease upkeep and minimize user training requirements.

8.1 is a Feature Release.  If you choose to install this, you are off the LTS "track" and will be obliged to keep installing the "dot" release to stay current / fully supported.

When 9.0 LTS comes out (in theory, in a year or less) you will then receive all the new features that were in the 8.x Feature Releases.  Again the intent here is to minimize time spent on maintenance and potential re-training for end user facing feature updates.

'Hope this is clear.

• Thanks, Yep under stand the new world order. We dont wish to be on LTS and dont want to install it to then install 8.1 to come off it. 

So as it stand 8.1 has not been released even though there is a semi download link for it? We are wait to jump to 8.1 as we have issues where we are right now

•  

Apologies if I was a bit repetitive but IMO, the outbound communication on this LTS vs. Feature Release deal has never been very clear on the why's and wherefore's. Slight smile