Group Owner lookup tool

I have form that I am using with an attribute that is a DN syntax for Group Owner lookup. The user can go into the search tool for DN syntax attributes and search for objects.

The form type is a new object with class of Group. So far it's the only way I can find to get Group Searches to be efficient.

I have a wizard type page that has 2 tabs. First contains the DN Syntax attribute, the 2nd page does some looking up of data, the group owner display name, and group owner email address, this is working nicely. The attributes are set to not store in the Active Roles Database as well.

The 2nd and final page has 3 buttons, Cancel, Back, or Finish, this is where I have the issue. When I press finish I get an error stating the group name already exists", I'm not trying to create a new group so I can see why. I am however at a loss for a different technique, or have the code for a PreCreate that will just allow the page to finish but cancel the request.

Is here a way to only have a button that says "Finish" but perform the cancel function instead and if possible, hide the other buttons? 

Does anyone have any ideas?